Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Just Watched...

"Hannibal" with Cliff... While we ate dinner. Needless to say it was not my idea to watch a movie about cannibalism, whilst chowing down on my vittles.

However, I did enjoy commenting after every scene that showed Lector leering at various humans going "And I bet you'd taste GRRRREAT!" (In retrospect, it's funny, how I didn't immediately categorize Lector's character as "human"; instead delegating him as "other".) I think this was merely to allieviate the discomfort of knowing that Hopkins was playing a character who's very actions and intent were so unbelievably immoral. I suppose you could call that "The Chandler Method".

We apparently OWN this DVD. I certainly didn't buy it. My proclivities lean towards comedies.

I am. Very. Disturbed. 15 minutes before the movie ends, peeking through fingers, I look over at Cliff and say, (rather pitifully, might I add) "I don't think I can watch this movie all the way through, Cliff!" I think he enjoyed watching me squirm.

I am NEVER going to eat sweetbreads. Ever. (Not that I'd ever do that in the first place...) That ranks right up there with tripe, liver and kidneys in the "Ew! Fucking EW!" category.

Oh. I will also never be able to hear the words "Okie-dokie" again without thinking about Dr. Lector and his penchant for long pig.

Don't get me wrong, great movie. Kudo's to Sir Anthony Hopkins for portraying a brilliant, but seriously mentally unhinged antagonist.

But I almost puked. A few times.

No comments: