Thursday, June 15, 2006

Desperado...

O.k., so I'm not going to write much about this, but there is a potential interview for me with a well-paying graphic design company, most likely this week.

Most likely, on Friday. That is, if they call me today.

A friend and insider that works there (and coincidentally enough, passed along my resume and portfolio) says that my design is approximately ten times better than anything he's seen come out of the design team there.

He also says that the creative director was asking about what I do right now for work, and when replied to said, "Oh, so she'll need to give 2 weeks notice, yeah?" Those are good things.

Yes, I desperately want this job. No, I'm not trying to get my hopes up. The only thing is... They're up already. Dammit. I feel like puking, I'm so anxious.

It's doing something I studied for, and desperately long to do. My friend says that the more he hangs out with me, the more tortured I seem to get not being able to do creative work for a job, and he can't stand it anymore. He says he's waiting for my head to explode from frustration.

Lucky me. I've found something that wholly consumes me.

Jay is gone to 100 mile house for a week, and I do miss him, but after all our "drama" or non-communication, or whatever the fuck you want to call it, it's not just giving him a week to go up in the boonies to relax and think, it's also given me time to think. I don't know what I want anymore. Funny, eh? I was happily progressing to Head-over-heels and now I'm in limbo.

C'est la vie.

No comments: