Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Eavesdropping...

(Linds is on the phone with Jay, while waiting for her bus after work.)

Linds: Well, you have what? 600 DVD's?

Jay: Yeah, something like that. I waste so much money on movies. It's ridiculous, Linds.

Linds: Nah. You're with movies the way I am with music. I'm a whore for music, you're a whore for movies.

Jay: I lust after your music collection... I want all of it.

Linds: Hey, hey, hey. That's something only the few privileged get. Anyways
I spoil you rotten, mister. How many mixed CD's have I made you now? I think it's around ten of them.

Jay: Yes, and they all rule. *pauses* Hey! Maybe one day, you're music collection and my movie collection will get married and have babies!!

Linds: Yeah! *pauses* But wouldn't they all be movie soundtracks?

Jay: *laughs*

(Later, in the same phone call...)

Jay: Oh, Linds, I was soooo sick last night. I think I drank half a bottle of Pepto Bismol. Fuck I hate that stuff... it tastes like that pink gum that you got as a kid. I hate that stuff too. That's like... Nazi candy.

Linds: No one likes that gum over the age of six, love. And wouldn't it would be like the candy the Nazi's gave the Jews?

Jay: *laughs* Jesus, Linds.

Linds: I'm so fucking bad. I'm going to hell, I know it. I'm sure I've offended half the people sitting at the bus loop.

No comments: