Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wow.

Courtesy of The Mayor, from one of his "linkie love" posts.

A very effective, thought provoking public service announcement directed at women, regarding A.I.D.S./H.I.V. (This is Not Suitable For Work.)

This P.S.A. was so eye-openingly different, that I wanted to do a little research to find out who made it. The creators of this Public Service Announcement, (which was broadcast on MTV during International World AIDS Day, December 1st) is an international advertising agency called Ogilvy.

I'd like to commend them on their... Well... Really, amazing work, for this public service announcement on an important issue, that needs to be addressed. It's not dancing around any issues, and certainly has a shock value that left me with a few tears in my eyes, and speechless for a moment or two.

I'll admit, I've behaved recklessly in my past, and I'm bloody well lucky that I haven't ever ended up with anything that would have made me regret my actions. This just kind of brought it home to me. Hard.

Wow.

No comments: