Thursday, May 18, 2006

Loooooong weekend.

This weekend, is the Victoria Day long weekend. This means that most Monday to Friday folks get a 3 day weekend, and most retail slobs like me, get fuck all. And like right now, I'm working in the ghetto mall, by myself, until the manager comes in from another local store to save my ass so I can get dinner.

However! What I do get for my long weekend, is a 12 hour shift tomorrow, most likely alone, since my manager has strep throat. Strep throat, compounded with his many many examples of karma fucking with him.

*Le sigh.*

My two co-workers booked off the next four days to go up to 100 Mile House, near my lovely friend Norm, to spend the next 4 days mired in debauchery and drunken behaviour. My darling Jay, is spending the first three of his four days off in a drunken stumble somewhere in the woods near lake Shehalis with a couple of buddies.

*jealous jealous jealous*

Potentially he'll spend the last day of his days off with me. At least in the evening, which is nice, because I miss him. I haven't really seen him in a week or so because of his schedule. And life, she intervenes.

I'd LOVE to be able to go and relax in the sunshine with my friends, drinking too much gin and OJ, instead of working a job that sucks ass.

Jay's birthday is coming up, in mid June, and I still don't know what to get him. Boo. It's not usually a very "celebrated" day for him the past couple years, for reasons I'm not disclosing, so I want to do something low key with him, that is personal and relaxing. I've already designed, printed and put together his rather kickass birthday card, that I'm retardedly proud of, and has been called "awesome" by pretty much everyone that's seen it. Yay!

The swimming pool in the back yard has been shocked to kill the baddies, but isn't ready to have bodies splishing about in various degrees of unclothed, just yet. and damn it, in this weather, the murky green blue slowly going clear is torture.

Bacteria type things lurking in the depths are screaming little, supersonic screams. If you listen really carefully, you can hear them at night. Ok, not really, but that would be kinda neat. Creepy, but neat.

I've been feeling guilty for having days off, because I'm not doing anything. This is exactly how I felt at the end of last year, and the reason why I made my new Years Resolution to "Learn how to relax". It got to the point where I was sleeping poorly or not at all, because I felt like I needed to DO something to resolve my situation instantly. I can't resolve it instantly.

I was having headaches all day, every day, then. Something I'm sure Damien remembers.

Those are back, and I have to relax again, because I can't focus anymore. I forced myself to put on a bathing suit and sit in the sun in my backyard, soaking up sunshine for about an hour after my shift on Wednesday. It was a feeble attempt at best. Natural vitamin D is supposed to combat depression, and I don't want to sink into the mire that was November and December ever again, if I can help it.

I'll be looking for new work soon since my piss poor wages and my huge debt don't seem to play nice together, and that's probably the cause of my feeling like shite. Most likely at Amazon.com, or a financial advisory service that supplies new employees with a 10 week training regimen.

I can't think anymore. I'm sure more stuff has happened, I'm just bagged. Take care.

No comments: