Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What The Dean Says, Goes.

My good friend, The Neurotic Monkey, slapped up a meme of sorts, basically an enormous quiz, angled at giving me carpal tunnel. I don't mind posting them, but this time I thought I'd pass my answers around. I hope he doesn't mind.

1) What would you rather know: Magic or How to Invent Anything (and no you can't invent a machine that teaches you magic, and you can't use your magic to invent any machines)?

Magic all the way, baybee! I'm a rabid Harry Potter fan. I also read fantasy novels voraciously.

2) The fate of everyone you love hangs in the balance as a group of merciless demons challenge you to a contest. In which form do you battle them: Rock Paper Scissors, Thumb Wrestling, Connect Four, or Hungry Hungry Hippos?

Rock, Paper, Scissors. My thumbs aren't very nimble, unlike the rest of me, and I don't have enough experience playing HHH, and suck arse at connect four.

3) What's the worst thing you've ever said and meant?

I don't normally say nasty things. Maybe that... You know, deeds over words shit, like when I made my ex cheat on his new girl friend with me and then in the shower, after I fucked him, I was singing to myself, knowing what I did. When I almost laughed at him when he said he was suicidal, because of what he did with me to be unfaithful to her.

Man I'm evil sometimes. (for the record, he cheated on me first. With her, multiple times. THEN dumped me. Cut me some slack, I was just a kid.)

Okay. I was 21. Whatever. I'm honestly scared to write this in here, but I'm going to do it anyways. Fuck, Dean. You don't give the easy questions, do you?

4) Hovercar or X-Ray Specs that work?

Hovercar. I'm so sick of people on public transit it hurts.

5) Who would win in a fight: An Off Balance Eagle with Flamebreath vs. a Laser Armed Near Sighted Shark?

The shark. Random laser sweeps, and the ability to dive under the water from the flames the fucked up eagle is spewing out it's mouth. It's a bonafide guarantee that the shark would win. Well, eventually.

6) Do you consider these to be your golden years? Are they still ahead? Have you passed them by?

As far as I know, I haven't hit them yet. 25 has sucked ass so far, I'm hoping 30 will bring it's rewards. I'm hoping I can have some semblance of stability, maybe a hubby and a child by that time. Maybe just clearing my debts from school, and having a good income, to prepare for that stuff.

Unless I turn into the cat lady, like I keep on threatening to do.

7) Who runs BarterTown?

Master Blaster runs BarterTown. Damn my mom for making me watch Mad Max multiple times when I was a kid.

8) You've won a sweepstakes created by the President of the United States of America. He and Congress will pass whatever bill you write. Without doing anything cheap (like "All My Bills Will Be Passed" etc), what is your bill?

I'm Canadian, does this count? (That's such a cop out answer. I can't think of anything. I'm not feeling well.)

9) What's funnier: Random NonLethal Violence OR A Well Timed Fart?

Random Non Lethal Violence. Though, my grandfather has mastered the well delivered, brilliantly timed fart around his grandkids.

10) Ventriloquist Dummies: Annoying or Creepy?

Annoying as hell. The only toys I found creepy growing up were the monkeys with cymbals, and the dolls that opened their eyes when you sat them upright. I used to leave mine outside my bedroom.

12) What was your favorite cartoon growing up?

Bugs Bunny, all the way. I still watch it. My particular favorite characters were the two gophers, that were exceedingly polite to each other ("No, no no. Thank YOU! No, no no, I insist! After you! Oh, why thank you! You're ever so kind.") and the red hair monster, otherwise known as "Gossamer" from the mad scientist episode.

13) Not counting OC, Melrose Place, 90210 or any other prime time melodramas, have you ever watched a daytime soap opera for a significant amount of time? If so, which one?

Ye gawds no. I don't watch TV, remember?

14) Who is the most annoying game show host of all time?

I'd like to say Bob Barker, but he's probably died at least a year ago, and they have episodes filmed in advance. I thought the showcase showdown a week and a half ago, for a trip to New Orleans and a Speedboat was pretty ironic, though.

15) Are there such things as Angels and/or Demons?

Uhm. I believe people have the capacity to be either of those, but seeing as I don't believe in heaven or hell, excepting what we create for ourselves in our lifetimes, then I guess my answer is no. I've met some pretty angelic and demonic people, though.

16) Do you like to dance? Is it important that your significant other likes to dance?

I dance. for no reason whatsoever, with no music. with music. I bump and grind, I slow dance, I can ballroom, waltz and salsa. I dance when I'm plastered, or when I'm sober. I dance alone. It's not necessary for my partner to dance, but it'd be nice.

17) Do you like Jazz music? Why or Why Not?

Yes I do. Ella Fitzgerald is one of my vocal icons, as well as Sarah Vaughan. I love it because it captures emotion. I love it for the same reasons I like the blues.

18) Colonel Sanders versus Ronald McDonald -- there can be only one. Who Survives?

Ronald has cronies. Colonel Sanders is like Dave from Wendy's, but sneaky. You know that Sanders would pretend to have a heart attack and then stab ronald through the gut with the blade hidden in his cane.

I think it's an even match.

19) What's your favorite bad movie? And not in an ironic MST3K way, but in a Michael Bay/Cocktail/Idiotheque way.

Love Potion #9. Early Sandra Bollock and Tate Donovan, who I had the hugest crush on for years. (and still do, please. No teasing.) It's the ultimate "Geeks Can Find Love, Too." movie, which is probably why I like it.

20) What do you wish your nickname was?

"Love". By far my favourite, and whenever I'm called it, I get a tingle, but only by certain people. I've been peaches, sweets, toots, darlin, you name it, I've been it.

21)Do you spend most of the day smiling or glowering?

Depends on the day, usually smiling because I get asked "What's wrong?" if I'm not. Which is annoying as fuck. Can't a girl be grouchy, every now and then? Huh?

22) You are given time on the world's most popular TV show, but are only allowed to say one phrase. It will be heard and understood the world over. What do you say?

"I am the very model of a modern Major-General
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical

I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters mathematical
I understand equations, both the simple and quadratical
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse

With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotenuse
With many cheerful facts about the square of the hypotepotenuse

I'm very good at integral and differential calculus
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
I am the very model of a modern Major-General

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
He is the very model of a modern Major-General

I know our mythic history, King Arthur's and Sir Caradoc's
I answer hard acrostics, I've a pretty taste for paradox
I quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus
In conics I can floor peculiarities parabolous

I can tell undoubted Raphaels from Gerard Dows and Zoffanies
I know the croaking chorus from the Frogs of Aristophanes
Then I can hum a fugue of which I've heard the music's din afore
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore

And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinafore
And whistle all the airs from that infernal nonsense Pinapinafore

Then I can write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform
And tell you ev'ry detail of Caractacus's uniform
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
I am the very model of a modern Major-General

In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
He is the very model of a modern Major-General

In fact, when I know what is meant by "mamelon" and "ravelin"
When I can tell at sight a Mauser rifle from a javelin
When such affairs as sorties and surprises I'm more wary at
And when I know precisely what is meant by "commissariat"

When I have learnt what progress has been made in modern gunnery
When I know more of tactics than a novice in a nunnery
In short, when I've a smattering of elemental strategy
You'll say a better Major-General had never sat a gee

You'll say a better Major-General had never sat a gee
You'll say a better Major-General had never sat a gee
You'll say a better Major-General had never sat a sat a gee

For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century
But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
I am the very model of a modern Major-General

But still, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral
He is the very model of a modern Major-General"

Yes.It's the whole song. I'm an arse.

23) If you could be married to any fictional character, who would it be and why?

Wolverine. I bet he'd be an ANIMAL in the sack. (but only the Hugh Jackman "Wolverine".)

24) Would you rather have superstrength or the gift of flight?

Flight. There's too many people and too many places that I'd like to go/see/do.

25) what's something you recommend, but no one EVER takes you up on?

Most people listen to me. Weird, eh? Except for when I type out lyrics from the Pirates of Penzance.

26) What's something that occurs on a daily basis that pisses you off? And if there were no repercussions and you were allowed to finally react to it, what would you do to this stimulus?

Every day, on the LRT, I get some stupid fuck that sits down RIGHT next to me even though it's apparent that I'm going to get off at the next stop, because I've closed my book, and rearranged the straps on my bag, and am looking around to see how difficult it will be to get out of the packed train. Whoever the hell this person is, (It's been multiple people, I can't pick just one!) looks at me affronted when I ask them to move.

I'd love to punch them in the face.

No comments: