Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Giddyup!

Well, hey now!

I guess my passion for writing, is paying off. Literally. I was commissioned to do a profile on a website for a Canadian professional comedian who is located in the Vancouver area. Not too shabby. I just wish that when I met him today to get the gist of what he wanted, that I wasn't so damned quiet. I'm always so nervous and shy when I meet someone for the first time. I'll post the link up here when my writing is up and available on his website. I hope he likes what I've done. And hey! I get paid for it!

Sweet.

I'm still sick, but the SMOKING HOT doctor at the clinic (Damn, too bad he was married. He's over six feet tall, brunette European. Lucky wife. He was even flirting with me.) prescribed me some antibiotics, and they should be kicking in anytime now. So until then, it's Advil and LOTS of sleep and liquids.

I want to go play doctor and naughty nurse. I even have the outfit, damnit.

As for the weather. SMOKING HOT yet again. It's almost unbearable. I usually never complain about heat, being accustomed to working around ovens, but this, is unreal. Elizabeth had the balls to ask me if it was "Hot enough for ya?" Whilst I was roasting in the apartment, after my meeting this afternoon. Yeah. It's hot alright. :P Fat people are making their own gravy, it's that damned hot.

I was teased for getting home so quickly, to which I responded that my pasty-white, French Canadian skin would crisp quite nicely if I stayed out in this sunshine too long.

Hmm. Crispy skin AND gravy? Hell. I'm Kentucky Fried Chicken with a side dish.

I picked up a couple of CD's and a DVD on the way to the Doctors, I purchased, Aretha Franklin "Best Of Aretha Franklin, The 60's" (It's FABULOUS!!!!) And also the best of Big Sugar entitled "Hit and Run." a kickass Canadian band from Ontario as far as I could find.

Reviews on these CD's coming up in the next little while after I've dealt with this writing commission.

The movie I picked up is "School of Rock" with Jack Black. It's a highly enjoyable movie. At least in my perspective. I think the part that I like the most, is the way he teaches the kids the History of Rock 'n Roll.(He teaches them more than just Rock and Roll, however. At least according to the blackboards he's pointing at.) The kids seem to enjoy themselves thoroughly with him. The DVD extras apparently have the lessons available uninterrupted. It's very neat. I plan on sitting down and "edumacating" myself fairly soon.

No comments: