Thursday, January 20, 2005

Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma, Karma Chameleon...

Today during my photoshop class, I greeted Devin on Yahoo messenger, and he asked me to read his blog and let him know if I was interested. I was terribly curious, but had to wait until my break in the middle of . class. Fair enough. I wait, I read what he wrote.

Devin has been a participant in something called a "Blogathon," and has asked me if i am willing to help by writing in my blog. I'm flattered that he thinks I'm worthy enough to do so, and I'm hoping that you guys think so too.

For those of you that don't know what a "Blogathon" is, it's basically a 24 hour blog marathon designed to collect money for charity, or a helpful cause. Typically, it's spread out amidst quite a few Charities, but this year it's all going towards one very worthy cause. The Tsunami Relief Fund. You can either choose to donate based on a flat rate, or for every hour the blogger you choose manages to stay awake. (I'm planning on going full haul, babies!)

The blogger, can either choose to write a story, (as Devin did in 2003) do typical entries, do a photographical biography, Write in Haiku, or whatever else intregues that particular writer.

It's a fascinating way to look into the psyche, and imagination of the person that is blogging, both as readers of that particular blog, and as the writer going over what they have written, obviously after they have slept for at least 12 hours.

I agreed to participate in this blog marathon.

So here's my shout out to Y'all. The date isn't quite set yet, but it's fluctuating for either the 6th of March, or the 13th of March. I will be writing one blog entry every fifteen minutes to half an hour (I've yet to decide how frequently), to collect money for the Relief fund. I'll be getting more information on this as soon as possible and telling you guys how to make your pledges, etcetera. I'm hoping for as much support from you, my wonderful, beautiful readers, as possible. More information is available describing what "Blogathon" is, and showing Devin's 2003 project, at the following URL's:


Blogathon homepage


Devin's 2003 Blogathon

If you're another blogger and you think you are up to the challenge of blogging for 24 hours straight, by all means, please email Devin at devin@devinandmarty.com. He'll be delighted to give you the information as soon as he gets it all finalized.

Please consider pledging. This is a fabulous choice in causes to support. I've already donated at least 30 bucks personally out of my own pocket to the Tsunami Relief fund.

Just think of it as Karma.

Much Love.

Linds.

No comments: