Friday, February 24, 2006

"Yeah! Sure I can work this Sun... D'oh!"

Crap, crap, crap!

I had made the rather shaky decision to go audition for Canadian Idol this Sunday, which is usually a scheduled day off for me.

Lo and behold, Miss "short-term-memory-like-a-sieve"... I forgot that I'd made the decision to audition, and when my boss asked me to work this Sunday, I agreed... Mainly because I needed to get back to full time hours at my day job, and I wanted to get on his good side to ensure it.

Five seconds after he told my co-workers to take the weekend off, I remembered. My brain went *click* and I almost physically smacked my forehead with my hand.

Well, fuck... It figures. Oh well, I've still got 2 years to audition. My mom will have to forgive me for not making it this year... Again. She's been on my case for 3 years now to go audition.

Whoops. Sorry Mom.

I've been trying to break into the local massage business in Vancouver. Unfortunately, business has been retardedly slow, and because I refuse to give a "release" at the end of my massage sessions, it's been even slower. One would think the words "non-sexual" would indicate that it would be a non sexual massage. It's not like I'm being covert about it in the ad, or on the phone.

Ah well. Such is life.

I think, I sabotage myself sometimes. Inadvertently, and on purpose. This has to stop. I wonder if it's because I'm comfortable in my miserable little rut, and am scared of change, or if it's because I'm messed in the head.

I think it's a mixture of both. Bugger.

No comments: