Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Angelic...

And you never know until you have to ask them.

My parents, are angels.

See, I made a mistake, a month and a half ago, that I'm still feeling the repercussions of. I decided to do massage, three days a week from a downtown location. Three weeks into my month of advertised massage, I had had three clients, for three days a week of shiftwork that I'd given up to have time for this stupid venture.

When you do the math, you see how that's lopsided.

This mistake meant that I had very small paycheques from my day job. Very small. Enough to survive off of, if you didn't need to eat food AND pay rent. Man I'd fucked up.

Since I have enough body fat to survive off of for weeks, I chose to go without the food, to ensure that I had a place to live. When desperation hit, and I'd run out of my last few plain pieces of pasta in the cupboard, I gathered up my courage, tossed my pride aside, and called my Mom and Dad.

Thanks, Mom and Dad. Your generosity brought tears to my eyes. Hell, it still does.

No comments: