Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Haiku...

Man on the subway
Exclaims, "Christ paid your sin bill!"
Christ must be loaded.

You're room is filled with
Leather and Star Wars figures.
Um, I have to go.

We just met--I think
We might be going too fast.
So I won't swallow.

You are not the man
I always dreamed I would love--
Just the man I do.

Your lips are so soft,
Your conversation graceful.
It's just--You're not him.

We all make mistakes.
For instance, I mistook you
For a vertebrate.

"This has been fun, but..."
I've got news for you, honey:
It wasn't that fun.

"I don't understand
Why you want to be with me."
"That's okay, I do."

George W. Bush,
You know where you can put
Your family values.

Why is it you fuck
As hard and fast as you can?
I'm not a Playstation.

These Haiku's are exerpts from the book, "Gay Haiku" by Joel Dirfner. That being said, I find it relevant for more than just gay relationships and gay men.

No comments: