Saturday, May 14, 2005

A Breath Of Fresh Air...

I sold my half of the business I've been running with my business partner this morning.

It was a nerve wracking process, but all in all, I made a good profit from it, and unfortunately, it's difficult to run a business with two hard headed individuals. Especially when they're related. To save face, a good friendship, and everything else that was on the line, I agreed to her proposition. Granted, it was hard to do, but I was getting frustrated with her and my clashing desires, where she had some very extreme notions of where she wanted this to go.

As another plus, I don't have to worry about nine hour long business meetings, hour long discussions on the phone where our opinions clashed constantly, and to produce stuff that would normally take me at least a day, with careful planning in advance to sitting down and working when she wanted it in an hour. For a control freak like me, releasing my work when it's sub-par, is not up for discussion it just simply won't happen. Especially when I'm not being paid for it. Maybe I was holding her back, but I don't dive headfirst into the pool. Perhaps taurus' people don't make the best entrepreneurs seeing as we miss some of the opportunities offered to us.

Now, it's a much different story. She loves the work I produce, and will commission me to retouch photos during this term, and design the site after term two is over. This is a more agreeable arrangement to me. It gives me the opportunity to do portfolio pieces, get paid the amount of money I SHOULD be getting in the first place, instead of doing it for free and just getting a thank you. That's okay the first few times, but I don't volunteer. The past while has only shown me that every bit of effort I was tossing into the mix was increasing my wealth minimally, not at all, or even taking money away from me when I could have been doing paid stuff, or better homework assignments. It was frustrating me, which in turn was frustrating her.

I was anxious about it, and phoned Dev, if only to get it off my chest, and I'm glad I did. He always has a way of putting things in perspective for me, or just simply being a willing ear to hear me voice the tyrannical thoughts dividing and conquering my dome. Thanks, love.

I finished my meeting this morning and left the house, the feeling of stress that I'd had for a few months lifted off of my shoulders. I was practically giddy. That alone ensures me that I made the right decision by agreeing with her.

This also means that any of the shmucks that went on their BDSM bible thumping brigade against me previously, can bite me. I'm not involved anymore, and I don't want to hear that annoying drivel coming out of your 'mouths'.

No comments: