Friday, October 21, 2005

I know I'm not on the gravy train time wise, but...

I've had this song for the past 2 weeks, and have been meaning to have a post on it. So here goes.

After Hurricane Katrina ripped through New Orleans, and celebrities in California flopped around trying to gather funding for the survivors of that horrible disaster, Kanye West went on television with Mike Meyers, and blatantly said what I, and many other individuals think about Dubya. He went on a two minute speech, where I swear to god the camera men were lulled into submission, and deviating from the teleprompter, announced to the world, (or at least a large portion of the western hemisphere) that "George Bush doesn't care about black people."

(Yeah, I realize my tenses are all fucked up in that last paragraph, damnit. I'm tired, cut me some slack.)

This was said on national television, no less. Granted, for someone that spends large amounts of time in front of massive crowds performing, his delivery made him sound like he was pretty brain damaged, (he was reading most of his lines off of a teleprompter previously, and I suppose slamming the president of the USA on national television is a bit unnerving... But still... Poise, darling.) and the look of utter shock that Mike Meyers gave him was laughable. (I think the look that Chris Tucker had on his face after Mike continued to blather on reading from the prompter was even more priceless.)

The point of my diatribe?

Kanye West released a song called "Gold Digga" (sampling Ray Charles' "I Got A Woman"), but come back after listening to that, and hear the politically influenced spoof song, done by The Legendary K.O. called "George Bush Don't Like Black People".

If I was Dubya, my ears would be stinging.

No comments: