Sunday, October 23, 2005

Inspired by Dean.

Is it bad that I'm getting the majority of my postings off of other people's posts?

Probably.

At any rate, I heart my friend Dean, The Neurotic Monkey. Sometimes he can be in a low spot. But only sometimes. He's one of the only people that gives me shit for getting depressed, telling me it's not my job to get down, it's his. Most commonly, this guy makes me grin ear to ear, and giggle incessantly late, *late*, late at night. Why? Because he's the funniest, most pop culture knowledgable, most charming "shy guy with a great heart" guy I've ever known. *AND* the lucky bastard lives in NYC, which I miss terribly.

Dean came up with a top 25 things that make him happy list.

I thought, since I've been down lately, that I'd do the same. It's always nice to remember the things that make us happy, instead of dwelling in the negative. These aren't in order of importance, I don't categorize my stuff like that. I'm just writing them down as they come to me, OK? OK. I'm doing the first 12 tonight, and the rest later on this week.

Part 1 of Linds' Super-happy-fun-time 25 things.

1. Chocolate. Nothing tastes better, or soothes savage spirits like a bar of Lindt 70 percent dark chocolate. Y'all know my love affair with the dark bean goes long and covers my body like... Well... Like something, anyways.

2. Mitch.
Like morphine, The Mayor makes my troubled mind melt away. It's strange, that when I'm at my most dire straits emotionally, Mitch pops online on MSN, flirts, teases and razzes me a little, and I feel like a new person.

3. Damien. I've never met a more fantastic person that handles any emotional shit I dish out with aplomb, with a neatly worded rebuke, that never stings, or gentle understanding. Plus he cuddles like nobodies business.

4. The First Triumvirate. By that I mean, Crystal, Crystal and Ryan. This is the group of Uberpals that I spent most of my time with in Highschool, and still hang out with or at least harass on MSN on a regular basis.

5. The Second Triumvirate. Liz, Melissa and Luc. The group of cronies in New West/Burnaby area that I chill with and have some good eats and good convo, the occasional race on the Xbox with. It's my peace away from home where I can be plied with alcohol and good cooking. Many thanks.

6. Sweet, sweet music. You guys might remember, from a while back, when I wrote that I lost all of my music on my computer. That situation has since remedied itself nicely, and though some avid music collectors will have upwards of 30,000 songs on their hard drives, I'm content with my 3110 songs, (9.2 days, 20.55 gigs) I've listened to *almost* all of them at least 100 times each. You do the math. That's a lot of time listening to music. Right now it's "Daddy Cool", "Rasputin", and "By The Rivers of Babylon" by Boney M. (Yeah, it's disco. Sue me.) That's cuz I'm crazy like a fool. What about it Daddy Cool? Oh, those crazy Russians.

7. Bugs Bunny cartoons. I still watch them. All the time. Occasionally with my dad. My favourite episode is this one. Example A is Bugs giving Gossamer the Red Haired Monster a permanamanamanament. Classic, and I *still* giggle like a little kid when I watch them.

8. Lingerie. And I mean GOOD lingerie. No cheap thigh highs for me, thank you very much. I want real silk, I want soft lace, I want black and red and white and teal, I want padding and pushing up, and "click-for-cleavage" bras. I want garter belts, I want panties by the score. I want lace teddies and... Oh wait. I have all of that already. I'm at the pinnacle of my femininity in pretty undies and accoutrement. The more unique, the more interesting it is for me. I feel beautiful and sexy and confident with nice panties etc on, and it's rare to catch me in a pair of plain white cotton briefs.

9. Big, enormous fleece sweaters, preferably with a hood attached. In my mind, there is nothing better than curling up with a novel, music playing in the background, with a big enormous fleece sweater on. One that you swim in. I'm fond of the mens 3XL from Old Navy, and a pair of yoga pants. I can wrap myself in them, and feel utterly at ease, not giving a shit about what I look like.

10. Sleep. I'm a fan of the big sleep.

Wait. Not that kind of big sleep. I'm a fan of sleeping in late. Really late. I'm a bed addict. I love my bed, and it's heaps of pillows, and it's duvet. It's probably my own damned fault that I made my bed so inviting. So inviting that I don't want to leave it, and I'm writing my entry from it.

11. Orange. Orange food, orange the colour. Orange soda, orange chocolate, orange popsicles, orange juice, orange incense, orange soap. I used to love blue, but now I've converted to orangeism. It's bright, warm, playful and inviting, it's invigorating and energizing, it tastes zingy, and makes my taste buds happy.

12. Butter Chicken curry, Basmati Rice, Naan bread, Coca Cola. Anyone that's ever gone to Metrotown with me can attest to the fact that I go to Curry Express pretty much anytime I'm there, and get the EXACT same thing everytime I go. Yes, I do get the same thing every time. No, I don't feel like changing my favourites. I'm an addict. I have no need to explain myself. Mmm. Curry.

No comments: