Thursday, July 22, 2004

Enough of the melencholy shit, I'm better than that...

Remind me never to write at 5 AM again. Jesus. It's not like it did a lick of good anyways.

A new CD review is in order, to balance out the scales... Or some shit. Or maybe just because I feel like it.

Okay, okay, it's not technically new. It's from a few years ago. BUT, it might be new to you. So here goes.

Goldmember Soundtrack (Various Artists, 2002)
 
It's mostly remakes of funk and 60's tunes done by modern artists, and some new ones tossed into the lot.
 
With some BOSS tunes from the motion picture, including Beyonce's shtick from the flick,  which is a pretty good imitation of Funk,  a Dr. Dre remix of "Miss you" by the Rolling Stones.(Dre, is an UTTER GENIUS with the intricacies of beats and sampling.) And a phenominal vocalist that goes by the name of Angie Stone, (she's got some mad skillz.) singing a remake of "Groove Me" done originally by King Floyd. (This, and "Miss You" are probably my favourite tracks on the whole album) 

Toss in some Earth, Wind and Fire's  "Shining Star." Some trance tunes by Paul Oakenfield, and a remake of "Evil Woman" by Soul Hooligan Feat. Diana King. And you've got one kickass assortment of music.
 
Fuck, even my MOM liked this CD when I got it.

I originally hated the thing when I first bought it, (only for the "It's a Hard Knock Life" done by Dr. Evil, originally done by Jay-Z,) but the more I listened to it, the more I realized I LOVE it. It gets me going.

 

As an aside for my personal life right now. Good lord. It's a total distaster. It seems it goes well for a few months and then the fates decide its time for shit to hit the fan, and just douse me in it. Love life, *poof* Finances, *poof* I could swing a fast left at the fates right now and I would probably miss, knowing my luck.

Now they say bad things come in 3's. I'm waiting to be diagnosed with cancer or some stupid shit like that. (Knocks on wood) That would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Stick that in your Blunt and smoke it. Yeah. I said blunt.

No comments: