Friday, July 23, 2004

Tunes to Groove by...

I've been listening to:

"This is Not a Test"
(Missy Elliot, Elektra Entertainment, 2003)


For those of you that don't know, I'm a huge fan of Hip Hop in general as long as the content is progressive, stimulating and intelligent.

Missy 'Misdemeanor' Elliot. She's the ultimate BBW. (Big Beautiful Woman.) Rich, Gorgeous, and very, very talented. She also has shitloads of confidence and fantastically dirty lyrics. She's not afraid to say whatever the hell strikes her at the moment. Her stuff is very reminiscent of 'Old School rap.' Maybe its why I dig her so much.

Her partner in creative crime, Timbaland, has wicked mixing abilities and beat creation skills. Not to mention one of the hottest voices EVER. Check out the song "Let It Bump" where he does his own verse. I almost creamed my jeans the first time I heard his voice on it's own.

There is also the currently released songs on this album, being "Pass That Dutch" "Wake Up" (feat Jay-Z) and "I'm Really Hot"

She features several different artists on this album doing guest spots, including: Mary J. Blige, Jay Z, Elephant Man, Fabolous, R. Kelly (I hate R. Kelly. LOL) Monica, Beenie Man, Nelly, and The Clark Sisters.

These are the ultimate anthems for any club going bigger woman like me. Anything to psyche me up before I see the teensy trollops in their cummerbunds (A.K.A. miniskirts) or Paris Hilton wannabe skirts, and midriff bearing tops, the songs that makes me feel GOOD about my body before I head on out the door, although Missy has several that get me psyched. It helps along with a few bottles of false confidence, otherwise known as Smirnoff Ice.

But the one that works best for the club is called "Pump It Up." The lyrics can be found here.

(As an aside, this lyrics web site, is by far, the most accurate for a Hip Hop songs I've ever seen online. Well done. )


No comments: