Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Dandelions Beware!!! All Who Hath Entered Here, No Hope Shall Continue. Or Some Shit.

Yeah, nothing makes sense in that except the Dandelions beware. It's alllllll good.

I'm a very sore girl this morning. Afternoon. Whatever. I overextended myself last night at the pool and ended up (somehow) yarking a muscle in my foot. I think it was probably about 10 minutes to the end of my swim, when I was tired, and pushed off the wall a little wonky, twisting my ankle or something. I honestly couldn't tell you. I feel like an idiot.

It hurt like a sonofabitch last night, but sweet, sweet Advil(tm) and keeping off of it helped immensely. It stopped feeling like I had run my foot through a meat grinder at around 2 am, and I could hobble around all pretty-like on it. That being said, I topped my 35 laps, and did 40. Roughly 40.

I also ended up spending $16.78 on Terayaki Chicken (and BOY was I pissed when I had it all wrapped up and went through the till.) because my business partner invited me to dinner. Dinner was good, I'll admit, but two chicken breasts should NOT cost almost 17 dollars.

So I've got a few questions. What the fuck do they feed organic chickens? Do they SING to them? Do they cuddle them to sleep to make them that damned expensive? I was horrified!

I'm well enough to spend part of my waking hours in the yard, tugging up dandelions for my grandmother, who has discovered ANOTHER antichrist, along with mismatched socks. Therefore, I must go about, hobbling, using some funky device to remove dandelions. Hey, at least I improved my tan.

No comments: