Friday, April 15, 2005

"Lonely - In Love" Wallpaper...

I created this in my spare time, on a whim from an image I found online. Her pose reflected so much sadness, but the poetry beside it made it seem more like she was gathering strength inside herself.

I don't know who the original artist is, since the information about the artist did not accompany the image, and so I decided to keep the words that go along with it anonymous as well. If anyone recognizes the art in this, please let me know, so that I can accredit the image to that individual.

I don't know for sure if flickr screwed up the resolution aspect, when I uploaded it to the site. If you want to, you can download the wallpaper full sized (It's been scaled down to whatever percentage the window allows, but that is a full resolution image.) Just right click to save the image as a file onto your desktop.

Consider it my gift to you guys. My lovely, *very* appreciated readers, for tolerating me throughout my first term in design school, and all the bitching and moaning that commenced from it.

This is going to be one of my portfolio pieces for my developing Photoshop skills.

Technical information: This piece was originally designed for a 15 inch widescreen flat display with a resolution of 1280 pixels wide, and 854 pixels high.

The technique employed was kept relatively simple compared to the previous one, with only duplicating the image onto three layers of varying opacity, a radial knockout gradient from the upper left corner with a background image of the same creamy white that is in the image itself, and a gaussian blur of 20 pixels overtop, to soften the image and create a more ephemeral look.

The font is "brushscript" and the colour is the same burgundy red as her dress, with a very, VERY slight dropshadow.

No comments: