Saturday, April 02, 2005

Oooo! New Music!

I spent a goodly portion of today with my once boyfriend, now very good friend, Erik.
(I've got a pretty good track record for staying buddies with the ex's of mine that I haven't had a horrible relationship with.)


Erik, has an extensive collection of Music. It puts my paltry 250-some odd albums to shame. He's got over 1000 albums that range from some of the most obscure Punk rock and Noise that I've ever heard, the grooviest funk, to some of the BEST new blues I've ever had an eargasm over. He's also got an extensive trivia base of all the artists he has albums by, and quite a few artists that he doesn't. Again, ranging from completely obscure, to the common stuff played on the radio. Right now I'm listening to "The Black Keys".

"10 A.M. Automatic"
(Click to hear! Go ahead, I know you wanna!) is one of the amazing songs I've heard done by them. I also like "Heavy Soul" and "No Fun". DAMNIT! I wish I had about 20 more songs done by these guys. They're phenomenal. Raw, gritty, soul-filled blues. They're just two young white guys, a drumset, and a guitar. The lead singer is 23 years old, and in some songs, he sounds like an old black man who's had every sad thing happen to him to make him sing that way. You wouldn't be able to tell the difference just from listening. These guys ROCK.

It should be obvious by now, that I'm a whore for chocolate, but where I would grumble and be mildly suicidal over a lack of chocolate; I would be absolutely miserable and curl up in a ball in the corner killing myself by sheer willpower without my music. Yes, I'm controlled by my whims. Deal with it. My addictions are pretty self evident, being Devin, chocolate, nicotine, music, technological gadgetry, shopping, writing, food and sex. Except for the first one in the list, they are not necessarily in that order, but at least I'm aware of them, and deal with them accordingly.

Erik generously let me raid a small portion of his album collection, and stuff my laptop full of some hot new music. He's so good to me. It's also awfully nice when some poor sap keeps their wireless router going without having a password needed to access the 'net, letting me just pop stuff into iTunes and click import, having Gracenote do all the work instead of typing in the track information piece by piece. Miso happy! I love having Airporter on my laptop. I also got to cuddle his supersoft, lovely affectionate kitty, Ripley, who adores me. (Or so it seems. She hangs around my ankles an awful lot.)

It's FREEZING cold here the past week or so, and where I was mentioning how surprising the weather has been in February, April is being a nasty little bitch. I want summer here now, please. I'm tired of wearing my winter jacket, I miss my tank tops.

No comments: