Friday, April 15, 2005

"Faerie/Ghost In The Woods" Wallpaper...

And a secondary gift to you guys. This one scored me an A plus in Photoshop, being an actual assignment. However, this time I know who to credit for the photographs, The photographer is Gary, and the images were from a local brush fire in his native Australia. (He's half of the monkey crew at "Don't Feed The Monkeys.")

Thanks Gary, for letting me play with your photographs, although once you saw the image I created, you couldn't figure out which pics I "borrowed". That is a true compliment from you.

You can download the 15 inch version here
, if you're so inclined. (Again, right click on the image and save it to your hard drive.) However, I'm sorry to say that Flickr butchered the hell out of the one I posted on it, so I uploaded it to the portion of the server alloted to me from school.

Rest assured, there's nothing electronically fatal attached to either of these images, I don't have the means, or the interest to infect your computer with crap, when I usually have to fix all of my friends comps. (That, and I'm a total mac lover, so I really have no reason to do so.)

Technical information: Designed for a 15 inch widescreen flat panel display, resolution is (supposed to be) 1280 pixels by 854 pixels (give or take.)

It's a composite of three separate images, and ten layers in Photoshop, including several different layers with individual trees selected and pasted on them, a radial gradient that eminates from behind her, to give her an eerie glow, and the two front trees that frame the image. colours have been changed dramatically, to give the entire image a "blue" dark and dramatic look. I did this months ago, and right now, I'm so tired that I can't remember all of the steps.

It took me approximately three hours and eleven renders to meet my satisfaction, and I'm still not happy with it.

No comments: