Monday, April 04, 2005

"That's enough, Donkey!" (Entertain Yourself With My Meandering Ramblings)

I haven't watched Shrek since New Years Eve. (Yeah, I know, terribly exciting, but hanging out with Crystal and eating tons of chocolate beat the pants off of going out and paying 100 bucks easy, for a night out on the town when I'm single.) I've got the song that donkey sings running through my head ad nauseum.

"I'm all alone, there's no one here, beside me..."
In that mournful little Donkey voice that has been immortalized by Eddie Murphy. The lyrics suit my mood right now, being tres crotchety, stressed the hell out from school and the finals accompanying it, my business partnership and the pressures from everything needing to be done, (coincidentally enough RIGHT at the last two weeks of my term) fiscal stress and always in the back of my mind, I'm missing Devin heaps. That's all irrelevant. I just want to get the damned song out of my head, pleeeeease!

Quick someone start singing nursery rhymes, or that annoying tune from Lambchops Play along that I used to sing as a kid to drive my parents nuts. Yeah. I was a little shit. Some of you should know which one I'm talking about.

"This is the song that doesn't end, yes it goes on and on my friends. Some people, started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever JUST because, This is the song that doesn't end..."(Carry on until said person you want to annoy gets driven insane.)

I read somewhere, that when you have a song stuck in your head your brain is actually repeating the song over and over again. Not just a portion of it but the entire thing, at warp speed.

Creepy.

It kinda makes you wonder exactly what else your brain does subconsciously, that you can't control. Do you really turn into a psychopath in your sleep like I do? (Just kidding!!) In all seriousness, that's like my question to people that have English as a Second Language. Do you think in your native language, or do you think in English? I've asked this question before and no one bothered to respond here, but fellow students of mine tell me that they have a commingling of both languages happening in their brains. That's pretty neat. It also makes me wonder, if you really thought about it, do you think in your own voice? or is it a thought that sort of carries the same tonality, and personality behind your voice? All these questions are too deep, pretty frivolous, and it's obvious to me that I'm just typing for the sake of procrastination. Damnit. This is the kind of garbage I usually force into the recesses of my deep, dank cranial cavity, letting them stew and fester. Blah. I'm rambling. Fuck, whatever. Now it's just getting to the point where I'm having fun with my vocabulary.

"That's enough, Lindsey." Yeah, I did it. I went and parted my trench coat, exposing my full first name. Just remember, only my parents and Devin (who often calls me by my whole name, middle names and all) are allowed to call me that. Everyone else calls me Linds. (I'm sure you'll all thwart me by abusing that little bit of knowledge now, won't you, just to irk me.) I hate my full first name, My dad chose it, and nothing against my Daddy, but hell, he could have at least chosen the female spelling. Apparently my twin sister and I shared the same middle names. How original. No, unfortunately she's not alive anymore, she died when we were born. That being said, I'm sad I don't have a sibling, I really wouldn't mind knowing what it was like, but what would the world do with two of me? The men in this world wouldn't know how to react. With my luck she would have been thinner, prettier, smarter and more favoured in the family; with me remaining chubby, less pretty, awkward, and disgustingly upbeat mingled with cynicism. Fuck, I even drive ME nuts. Then again I'll never know, with her being dead and all. (Ooh, that was in poor taste. Sorry Abigail.)

Lindsey: From a Scottish surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "Lincoln's wetland" in Old English. Male or female usage. (I've also read it described as an Irish Surname, meaning "Little River Flowing By Rocks" and by far, I prefer that one over Lincoln's Wetland.)

Great. Either I'm marshland, or a little river. Right now it should be "babbling brook", not "little river".

Going on that "Little River..." Description, my full name (including my two middle names and my last name) means "Little River Flowing By Rocks To Protect The Bitter White Sea." that's one mouth-filling nominative. (Why don't I just call myself "The Artist Formerly Known As Linds?) That beats the hell out of "Dancing with Wolves." (Not that there is anything wrong with that...)

I'll just stick with Linds, Thank-you very much. I honestly don't care if you call me Lindsey, well, I do and I don't. Just use caution, there's a lot of power in a name. (Or so they say.) Being called Lindsey, often reminds me of being in shit by my parents, and is usually said in a rather exasperated tone, so I try to avoid it as much as possible.

I've got to have dinner and do my homework, which I've been studiously avoiding so far.

Good Gawd. What sort of crap was just dribbling from my head? Apologies. (I'm going to post it anyways though.)

No comments: