Friday, March 11, 2005

Blogging mid-lecture.

Just a brief.

I've stated before that typography is dry. Now, let's not say I'm cruel, but I noticed something particularily disturbing about my instructor, being the inclination to say the words "Like" ,"Ah-uhm" and "You Know". He really is a nice guy, it's just rediculous how often these words emerge from his lips. Typography is quite possibly the worst subject imaginable on a Friday afternoon.

On a whim, 'Nessa (my school partner in crime) and I decided to tally the amount of times he said each of these. actually, we've done this quite a few times... However I'm having way to much difficulty listening to him talking at the moment to be bothered. I try to pay attention, really I do. It's just not happening. I'm glad I've got a recording of his talk to listen to and take notes later on.

I gave up counting, after 51 minutes.

Here's the total.

"Ah-Uhm"= 67
"Like"= 56
"You know"(or the variant "Y'know") = 52

That's mildly disturbing.

No comments: