Thursday, March 31, 2005

Things I've Never Noticed Before... (A Brief)

Today, unlike most days, I forgot my novel at home on the way to school. So, instead of being immersed nose deep in Mercedes Lackey, iPod on full blast, effectively blocking out any sight/sound, ( unfortunately, I can't block the SMELL of some of these people, Since I HATE people on public transit.) I actually had to pay attention to my surroundings while staring out the window, and I noticed a building on the way towards Main Street Station.

Now I certainly don't think this was deliberate since that area of town is a very concentrated Asian community, but damn, do I ever wish I had my camera at the ready as I zipped past. The building was titled "Hung-Gay Food Enterprises." (number 32 on the list. Yes, these places DO indeed, exist. I'm not making them up.) Brilliant.

That ranks right up there with "Pho-Bich-Nga" (Just say it phoenetically.... You'll get it.) A Vietnamese restaurant on the corner of Victoria and Kingsway in Vancouver, that my friends and I shout out the name of amidst laughter whenever we drive past it on the way home from the bar. (I admit, it's rather politically incorrect, but when you're drunk, lots of stupid stuff is hysterically funny. Hell, I think everytime we drive past it we yell it out. Drunk OR sober. I need no excuses. You would yell it out too, it's fun. Try it! "PHO BICH NGA!") And "Super Lucky Hair 2000." (Also on the list, it's number 5.)

Ooo, I could say SO much, but I won't. I can't blame them for having a mediocre grasp of the English language when some syllables aren't even included in their first language most of the time. I can give them an A for effort, but that was too funny to not write about.

Right now, I should be doing my HTML homework, but I'm comfortable in my grey sweats, kickass huge grey fleece Old Navy sweater and "Chicks Kick Ass" slippers.

No comments: