Monday, March 07, 2005

*Grumbles...*

Okay, so perhaps it's a bit of a shallow reason to bitch, but I REALLY don't eat super hot (Temperature wise) food. I'm not fond of burning my tongue on food, considering I have barely any time to sit down and actually EAT a full meal that would take me longer than ten minutes.

EVERY time I go and put some food in the microwave, I leave the room, and it finishes warming up, enough so that it has texture, and the taste is enhanced. That makes me happy.

I'm a creature of simple comforts. Give me warm food, some chocolate, a Venti Gingerbread Latte from Starbucks, a really sound fucking, a shopping spree in the mall, and a pedicure on a regular basis, and I'm VERY a happy creature. Blissfully so, even.

That's not too much to ask is it? Nope. I didn't think so. I am a Taurus, after all.

EVERY time I come back upstairs, my Grandma has put the thing on full blast until it's not even close to resembling food anymore. It bugs the hell out of me, but I won't really say anything to her, other than "Don't worry about it the next time. I'll get it when it beeps, okay hun?" My pleas fall on deaf ears apparently. (And I assure you, it's not because she's 74, her hearing, is impeccable, and seems to be receptive to noise that 99% of the population couldn't hear on a regular basis.) She probably hears more than I'm comfortable with her knowing.

I know it's just her being sweet, and thinking it needs to be hotted up a little more, but I'm picky about that shit. I feel stupid even complaining, but when I've only got ten minutes to eat dinner and then I'm down in the dungeon doing homework, that extra ten minutes waiting for it to be anything other than thermo-nuclear in temperature, really bites into my schedule.

I'm notoriously tetchy when I haven't eaten since 10:30 am, and it's now quarter to 7 in the evening. Perhaps this is why it's bothering me more than usual. I'm sure I'll feel like a pissy little bitch after eating and reading this again.

*sighs*

I'm going upstairs to eat that way too damned hot, congealed mess, that was a perfectly good slice of lasagna now.

Is this a weird pet peeve?

*editor's note: Yeah, I can be a pissy little bitch when I'm tetchy like that... I apologized to her for being grumpy.*

No comments: