Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Aaahhhhhh...

Song of the Moment: "Never Is A Promise"
Artist:Fiona Apple
Album: Tidal
icon

Fiona Apple, 'Tidal'

Today, was a remarkably good day. Even going off of five hours sleep.

I spent the majority of my day in almost utter silence, (an amazing feat, let me assure you) seeing as almost the entire class I had this morning was working on a project in Illustrator.

As far as the ear could hear, the only sounds made were mild, muttered cursing, the anonymous drone of headphones, and the clicks from a myriad of USB mouse's. (Mices? Meese? Whatever.)

I booked a photoshoot for my business partner, we scheduled appointments to see a few apartments around downtown, and all of the sudden, where I felt I was slogging through molasses regarding all this, it's going so fast it's freaky-deaky. All in one day.

I spent the afternoon finishing up a few assignments for classes, and decided to reward myself by picking up a novel, and having a T-shirt made for myself at Bang On Tees in Metrotown.

I finally broke down and bought my "Jem and the Holograms" 3/4 length sleeve, pink and white baseball T. I've been debating this purchase for almost six months now.

Apparently, I'm not unique in my choice of decals, being that most of the people that buy that particular one, tend to be women born between 1978 and 1983. I feel like such a sellout, for hearkening back to my youth in such a commercial manner.

But I REALLY wanted it. I've got matching earrings.

I wanted a green and white one with "The Misfits" on it too. (Anyone that is concerned, please DO note that fact. I'd be tickled pink... Or green. Whichever.) Matching Neon-green Lightening symbol earrings would be a nice accompanying present. *smiles pretty-like*

*sighs*

The kid at the counter, thought I was thirty.

Thirty?

Jesus. I'm only turning 25 this year.

I guess those late night homework sessions HAVE taken a toll on me. I know the matching Louis Vuitton handbags under my eyes aren't impressive, but I'm working my ass off and I guess that's the result of it.

I also picked up a novel I should have gotten a LONG time ago, but I guess, because of my age, I never really got the gist of it when I watched the flick. (the same could be said for the Rocky Horror Picture Show, that I first saw when I was about eleven, and made absolutely no sense to me. I own it now.) I picked up the recently deceased Hunter S. Thompson's "Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas."

What a brilliant escape into someone's psyche. I should have read this YEARS ago.

I had read "Hells Angels" about three years ago, and found it pretty thought provoking. However, it never crossed my mind that Thompson had also written 'Fear and Loathing...'

I blitzed through half of it, while soaking up to the gills in the tub for an hour or so. I'm not even finished it and I'm going to recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet.

And if you live in the Lower Mainland, and plan on picking up your own copy, don't go to the Metrotown Chapters.

I bought the last copy.

No comments: