Saturday, February 26, 2005

Meet "Baby."


Meet "Baby."
Originally uploaded by Duchessdocktrash.
Music of the moment: "I Love Myself Today" -- Bif Naked


This is a note for anyone that generalizes Rotties as nasty, vicious, violent animals.

"Baby" is 125 pounds of solid, stocky, purebred Rottweiler. When she's standing, the top of her head is at my waist. When she's on her hind legs leaning up against the fence behind her, she's almost as tall as I am. (five feet, eight and a half inches.)

This picture doesn't do her size justice. She's one damned big dog.

Baby LOVES me. (That's okay, I love her too.)

The ONLY thing I've seen Baby chew on, is a very frequently masticated tennis ball, which is usually dropped at my feet to be tossed across the yard so that she can thunder across the deck.

The only times she's ever pushed me off of my feet, is when I've been scratching behind her ears and she's leaning against me so that I scratch harder.

She has NEVER attacked anyone.

Dogs aren't vicious, the people that abuse them and make them that way are.

This is coming from a girl that's been bitten seven times by assorted dogs. I don't usually trust them, but Baby is another matter entirely. Her entire demeanor is one of protection, affection, devotion, and playfulness.

If you treat an animal with love, respect, and fair discipline, you will never have a problem unless that animal is mentally unbalanced.

I love this dog, and she isn't even mine. She's such a suck for lovins, and has the softest ears I've ever felt in my life. All she has to do is put her chin on my knee, look up at me with her big brown eyes. I always seem to cave, and give her a good scratching.

I'm such a pushover.

1 comment:

Linds said...

Agreed, Christian.

The fact that your Dog idolized a cat for the first six months of her life, makes me laugh, and reminds me of my friend Norm's Pit bull, Jo-jo.

There's nothing funnier than seeing a red Pit bull getting pushed around by a bossy cat.

Any animal can become a victim to it's more savage instincts, but a well treated, well trained animal, is much less likely to do so.

It's always wonderful to have a new lurker/commenter around! Thanks for stopping by my neck of the woods. *grins*

Cheers!

Linds.