Saturday, February 19, 2005

Soooo, What's yours?

I was discussing with a good friend of mine today, what we would have as a catch phrase as a Simpsons character...

It's come to the conclusion, that my catch phrase, inevitably, is "Dude." either used as an exclamation of disbelief, ie) "Dude!" or simply part of a sentence used to address someone. "Hey, dude, blah blah blah...."

For someone like myself that enjoys being verbose,(but never to the point of condescension) I find that particularly amusing.

Is it perhaps, a result of watching "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey" several thousand times when I was a kid? (My favourite line is when Ted is in Hell, and he's talking to the drill sergeant "Yes dude, dude SIR!" or something of similar ilk.)

Is it passe to use the term "Dude" after a certain age? Or does it depend on the personality that uses it?

Do I honestly care if it is passe, or that I could possibly be too old to say it?

Naaaaah.

SO, then, darling readers, if you were a Simpsons character, what would YOUR catch phrase be? What line do you find yourself saying on a fairly frequent basis?

Enlighten moi, I'm interminably curious, since Y'all have been quiet this past week regarding posting comments.

No comments: