Saturday, August 06, 2005

Back In The Day...

When I was but a mere 19 year old, I was a member of a political youth organization that shall remain unnamed, pretty much for the reason that they are a crap organization, with poor leadership, and I'd rather not direct traffic their way. Hey, I'm not always nice.

At any rate, the best part of being in this organization was the fact that I got to travel all over the United States, as a guest speaker from Vancouver. Much like I was being paraded around like some fanciful menagerie creature that was a rarity, or something. Not that I minded, I enjoy speaking in public, and developed a panache for it. Most of the topics I spoke on circled around the issue of Women's Liberation, and feminism. Being a chick, and a very opinionated one (at the same time, I was openminded), it was fairly obvious as to where my political angles lay.

I spoke at a couple of events in San Francisco, I spoke at a convention in Santa Cruz, (which is a gorgeous university campus in California, and I'd give my left tit to go there) I spoke at The Oberlin Campus in Ohio, at the bookstore owned by this political group in Chicago, and did a few seminars and guest spots in panels in New York City, while I was working in the publishing house that made the weekly political newspaper and the books that were sold at the bookstores around Canada and the US.

This isn't me braggin', this is a prelude to another segment later on, during the 'thon, where I'm going to tell you guys a few stories about my experiences. What's reading a blog but living through someone else vicariously anyways?

More to come in a while.

Meanwhile, the song up on the server, is Jamiroquai, "Just Dance".

Enjoy.

No comments: