Sunday, August 07, 2005

Okie Dokie.

So starteth the shoutouts.

First of all, a very VERY big thank you to Mike Guerrero, from Churn for his delightful post on Tipping. No, not cows, Gratuity. As in Servers, waiters/waitresses. He saved my butt at about five pm my time, seven pm his time, to let me get out of the house, absorb some natural Vitamin D, and go get a bottle of Coca Cola. Some days, I think I'd sell my soul for a bottle of coke.

Secondly, Devin Pike, For coming in to GSD, and proving to the crowd of my regulars, that I really didn't make you up. I'm joking. Your roundabout post on The Canadian Medical system was very tongue in cheek, and very appreciated. Thank you for trusting me enough to take a turn driving the Swamplog.

thirdly, but not in my heart, you guys are always equal, Mizz Jerilyn, Madamoiselle Unfortunate Serendipity, Holy god. Your post was both well written, touching, and inspiring. You don't give yourself enough credit for your writing skills, and I hope to hell your traffic DOUBLES from this event.

All three of you deserve big sloppy wet kisses on the cheek, and huge hugs. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Now, Erik, My darling Mr! Erik. Thank you for letting me use your server space for the time of this entire 'thon. I owe you. Multiple times. You have no idea how much you saved my ass.

Crystal, for bringing me a latte, and coming over to assure me that I wasn't alone. It was getting pretty lonely here for a while, and you saved the day. Seriously.

Next post will be the pledge givers. Since y'all are ballsy enough to not post anonymously, I'm going to give you all the due you deserve.

I'll be back, with my last post popping up there at six am.

The song up on the server, for this second to last post, is "Gel" by Collective Soul.

Enjoy.

No comments: