Saturday, August 06, 2005

Urgency!

The feeling of urgency, it's a bit of a panic to think of something to write about every half an hour. At any rate, I'm managing nicely. Even with Mike giving me a countdown. :P (Just teasing, sweets.)

I was spending some time at my parents house yesterday, and my mom was showing me the artwork for the highest pledge contributed to this Blogathon cause. It's absolutely gorgeous. If you weren't aware, the theme for my 'thon, is "Glamazons from the Past" and I've been working side by side with my mom, who's a phenominal artist, and is contributing four images to the cause. All of them are facial images of four famed movie icon women from the 30s and 40s. I picked Hedy Lamarr, Marlene Deitrich, Rita Hayworth, and Betty Grable. She's completed the image of Hedy Lamarr, and it's stunning. I'll post it soon, since it's been scanned, but it will have a watermark across it, since it's an original piece, and the only person designated to recieve it is the highest pledge contributor, which at this moment in time is Ian from Ianism at 100 dollars. He's getting a bargain. My mother is one of the major inspirations for my creative, and also benifits from my constructive criticism when I critique her work. Its a nice symbiotic relationship.

I was talking to my Dad, who is probably the most amazing person I've ever known in my entire life. He's been supplying me with stock photography the past few months, as well as the pics I've taken on my own with my own digital camera. He's a more than amateur astronomer, finding his passion at about the age of 45 years, and spending innumerable hours gazing up into the sky, charting stars and planets, and getting lost staring at their beauty.

Speaking of Dads... (nice segway, eh?) There's a new song up on the server. It's James Brown, "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag". One of my all time favourite James Brown tunes.

Enjoy.

No comments: